IFS Institute is pleased to offer scholarships to expand training affordability for those with economic challenges. We are also happy to offer scholarships for individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations and those who serve underrepresented populations, including people of the global majority, the LGBTQIA+ community, and people in marginalized or poverty-stricken communities.
IFS Institute invites you to apply for a scholarship in either or both of the following categories:
- Economic Need Scholarship: IFS Institute may provide a partial tuition scholarship based on the economic need of the applicant and considering their overall financial profile.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship: IFS Institute may provide a partial tuition scholarship for people who identify as part of the global majority or the LGBTQIA+ community, or whose life’s work serves the global majority, the LGBTQIA+ community, or those in marginalized or poverty-stricken communities.
Those who have already submitted a training program application may submit a scholarship application.
Most scholarship awards are 10-40% of a training’s tuition, and on occasion may be up to 60% (scholarships are not available for travel costs). IFS Institute uses economic need as the primary criterion for awarding scholarships, and we ask those who have sufficient financial means to forego these scholarship opportunities so that we can provide as much financial support as possible to those with the greatest need.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
- People who have already submitted a training program application may submit a scholarship application.
- Scholarship applications from people on a training’s wait list are reviewed if a space in the training becomes available.
- Each training has its own scholarship application form.
- Scholarship applications are reviewed once per training.
- If you are accepted into a training after the scholarship deadline and would like to apply for a scholarship, please contact email@example.com at the time of acceptance.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REVIEW
- The scholarship application review process may take several weeks.
- Scholarship recipients are given the chance to accept or decline their scholarship.
- The nature of IFS training program material and the learning process may stimulate psychological and emotional issues for participants, and training program participants are required to take responsibility for maintaining their own safety in IFS Institute trainings. However, IFS Institute reserves the right to share with trainers and relevant administrators any non-financial information from this scholarship form that is not included in the applicant’s program application, at its discretion.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS & BILLING
- If a scholarship recipient declines a scholarship and withdraws from the training at that time, their $500 deposit will be refunded. After that time, the withdrawal/refund policy for the training is in effect.
- Scholarship awards are deducted from the tuition balance that remains after the $500 deposit is paid.
- Scholarship awards are not transferable.
NOTE: Messaging about your scholarship application will be sent to the email address you use to set up your Submittable account. Please set up your Submittable account with an email address you check frequently.