IFS TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
IFS Institute is committed to providing scholarships to help make IFS trainings accessible and affordable to qualified participants. Our organization has a long history of providing scholarships to participants in IFS Institute-organized Level 1, 2, and 3 programs based on individual economic need and we are also committed to broadening inclusion within the IFS community and among participants in IFS trainings.
Specifically, IFS Institute offers scholarships to expand training affordability for those with economic challenges, with additional support for individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations or individuals who serve underrepresented populations, including people of the global majority, the LGBTQ+ community, and people in marginalized or poverty-stricken communities.
IFS Institute invites you to apply for an IFS training program scholarship on the basis of one or both of the following categories:
- Economic Need Scholarships: IFS Institute considers scholarship applications based on economic need of the applicant, and this process considers their financial profile.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships: IFS Institute may provide a tuition reduction for people who identify as part of the global majority or the LGBTQ+ community, or whose life’s work serves the global majority, the LGBTQ+ community, or those in marginalized or poverty-stricken communities.
Applicants may receive up to a 60% tuition scholarship, with most scholarship awards ranging from 10-40% of a training’s tuition (scholarships are not available for travel costs related to trainings with onsite sessions). While scholarships are available, IFS Institute will continue to use economic need as the primary criterion for awarding scholarships, and we ask those who have sufficient financial means to forego the above scholarship opportunities so that we can provide as much financial support as possible to those in the greatest need.
Scholarships are available for North American, IFS Institute-organized training programs. These scholarships are not available for those enrolled in IFS Institute’s Organizational Training Programs.
For questions about scholarships, please contact Jessy@IFS-Institute.com.
TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarship applications are only accepted from people who submitted training program applications. Scholarship applications from people on a waitlist will be reviewed if a space in the training becomes available.
- Scholarship applications are specific to each training and are reviewed once per training.
- Scholarship application deadlines are listed next to each scholarship application link below.
SCHOLARSHIP NOTIFICATION & BILLING
- Scholarship determinations are emailed to applicants. The review process can take several weeks. Applicants are given an opportunity to accept or decline the scholarship.
- If a scholarship is declined by the applicant, and the applicant withdraws from the training, the program deposit will be refunded. After that time, the withdrawal/refund policy for the training will be in effect. Scholarship awards are non-transferable.
- All scholarship awards are deducted from the tuition balance that remains after the program deposit is paid. The program deposit is charged when an applicant is accepted into a training. If an applicant is not accepted into a training, no deposit will be charged. No deposit or tuition balance is charged for people on a waitlist.
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP AFTER THE DEADLINE
- Economic Need Scholarship Applications can only be submitted after the scholarship deadline for one of the following reasons:
- The applicant applies or is accepted to a training after the scholarship deadline.
- The applicant’s financial circumstances have significantly changed since the scholarship deadline. Billing will still occur according to the training’s payment plans.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship Applications can be submitted after the scholarship deadline only if the applicant applies or is accepted to a training after the scholarship deadline.
- Scholarship applications cannot be accepted after a training begins.
- For questions about applying after the deadline contact Jessy@IFS-Institute.com.